On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 21:59, Michael Büsch <m...@bu3sch.de> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 11:23 -0500, Varadarajan, Charulatha wrote:
>> > My temporary workaround to this issue is to disable
>> > soft reset for the first GPIO module:
>> >
>> >        static struct omap_hwmod omap2420_gpio1_hwmod = {
>> >                .name           = "gpio1",
>> >                .flags          = HWMOD_INIT_NO_RESET, /* Workaround: Don't
>> > reset the n810 MIPID */
>>
>> NACK.
>>
>> As the problem is specific to the board settings, this shall be handled
>> in the board file itself.
>
> Yeah, sure. But how can I handle this in the board file? Is
> there a hwmod API for this?
>
>> > I'm wondering if a better fix suitable for the mainline
>> > kernel inclusion could be found.
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> Re-initialize the  "nreset" line of the Blizzard in the
>> corresponding board file.
>
> That is not sufficient. The blizzard chip has to be reinitialized
> completely.

Yes. I meant the same but did not mention it clearly :-(

> Code for that doesn't exist in the current driver. It currently depends
> on the bootloader doing the lowlevel init. As long as I don't have
> documentation for that chip, I'm stuck with that.

How about the following driver?
drivers/video/omap/blizzard.c

I guess this is the same Blizzard  LCD driver.

You may also be interested in the following which I came across while
searching for Blizzard LCD.

https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/trunk/target/linux/omap24xx/patches-2.6.36/300-nokia-board.patch?rev=23082

-V Charulatha