This seems to the question about a so called optional clock (DSS_CLK)
which really not an optional clock :)

This clock needs to be enabled and disabled along with interface and
functional clock for the registers access to work.

If you look internals of the clock routing in DSS, Figure 10-4
this clock is not really optional. You can call it optional because
there can be a option to use PLL clock instead of this one. But the
fact is either DSS_CLK or the PLL clock has to be running for the
IP accesses to work.

Sumit,
Please add more points about our discussion on this one.

Regards,
Santosh