Am 17.03.2011 21:16, schrieb Stephan Raue:
Am 17.03.2011 17:20, schrieb Janorkar, Mayuresh:
Is it possible for you to enable low-level debugging and pass omapfb.debug=1 omapdss.debug=1 in your bootargs? This would show the Framebuffer and DSSDBG prints. We would get an idea if kernel is getting stuck in DSS/OMAPFB.

Let me know if you any help in enabling debug prints.

Also one more suggestion/ question, are you seeing a hang if DSS is not enabled in kernel?

-Thanks,
Mayuresh

i have done, there is not more output with enable low level debugging and passing this options... :-(

disabling DSS lets boot the kernel and start initramfs (see: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/355262/)
an update:

compiled with DSS/HDMI support as modules, loading modules with:

  modprobe omapdss
  modprobe omapfb

and doing a

  dmesg

in the init script gives me:

modprobe: can't load module omapdss (kernel/drivers/video/omap2/dss/omapdss.ko): invalid module format modprobe: can't load module cfbcopyarea (kernel/drivers/video/cfbcopyarea.ko): invalid module format

see: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/355300/ line 254,255,514,515

why? the complete kernel with modules is rebuild from scratch

thanks much

Stephan