Hi Shweta,

"Gulati, Shweta" <shweta.gul...@ti.com> writes:

[...]

>>> I did a quick debug on this and found that the root cause of the issue is
>>> in usage of ffs (because of this, i2c slave address was configured wrongly
>>> in vc).
>>> Basically ffs returns the position of the first (least significant) bit
>>> set in the word and the least significant bit is position 1 where as our
>>> bit operation assumes that least significant position is 0.
>>
>> Vishwa, Thanks for findingg this.  Indeed, I had assumed ffs() was zero
>> based,
>> but it is 1 based.
>>
>>> I tested the attached patch on OMAP3 and it seems to work fine.
> Attached, is Patch which fixes the Issue, It works Fine for OMAP3 and
> OMAP4 SDP boards.

Thanks for the patch, but my voltage cleanup series is work-in-progress,
and a moving target at the moment.  I've changed (again) the way I'm
splitting up the code so this patch won't apply directly.

I will however change to using __ffs instead of ffs.  Thanks for
pointing that out.  I wasn't aware of the difference between __ffs() and
ffs()

Kevin