While migrating from .33 to .37 kernel I found, that HW-ECC is used by default.
I found that this is set in omap2.c:
        pdata->ecc_opt          = OMAP_ECC_HAMMING_CODE_HW;
Unfortunatly setting it back to
        pdata->ecc_opt          = OMAP_ECC_HAMMING_CODE_DEFAULT;
doesn't prevent me from getting messages like:

uncorrectable error :
uncorrectable error :
mtd->read(0xd18 bytes from 0x7eae8) returned ECC error

So what else has to be set? I couldn't found it.

Other way maybe to keep it at HW-ECC. Is this significant faster than SW-ECC?
But howto get nandwrite (mtd-utils) or fw_setenv (uboot) to handle HW-ECC?
Do I have to use just the --noecc option?

When using the fw_setenv command I get CRC errors in environment with next boot.

Thanks
Arno