Hi,

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Felipe Contreras
<felipe.contre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, but with the current approach it would be possible that
> everything works fine, and then the DSP goes to hibernation, a module
> is loaded that uses one dm timer, and then when the DSP wakes up, that
> timer would fail, there isn't even a check for that. If I follow the
> code correctly, when the DSP goes back to hibernation, there would be
> a crash, as a NULL timer would be freed. I think that's too error
> prone.

Yes, this scenario could trigger such error condition. So, FWIW, I'm
fine with just a check or your approach. If possible to apply the same
mechanism for the other clocks, so in the enable/disable functions all
the clocks are then enabled/disabled avoiding mixed behavior of
enable/request, disable/free between gpt and mcbsp clocks.

Regards,

Omar