On 2 September 2011 08:05, Jarkko Nikula <jarkko.nik...@bitmer.com> wrote:
> Other usual things to check that display is off (echo 1 >
> /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank) and no cable to musb/otg port.
>
> Haven't tried myself with recent kernel but does EHCI and hub on XM let to
> idle cpu at all? At least on one board having on-board hub I had to disable
> or unload ehci module in order to hit the retention.

I've checked that too and I've even disabled USB support in the kernel
just to be sure. But still nothing:

root@beagleboard:~# powertop -d -t 100
PowerTOP 1.12   (C) 2007, 2008 Intel Corporation

Collecting data for 100 seconds

Cn                Avg residency
C0 (cpu running)        ( 0.0%)
C0               58.5ms (100.0%)
C1                0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C2                0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C3                0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C4                0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C5                0.0ms ( 0.0%)
C6                0.0ms ( 0.0%)

Even when CPU has been idle 100% of the time it doesn't hit any state
deeper than C0.

--
Javier Martin
Vista Silicon S.L.