Hi Tony,

On 9/2/2011 10:09 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
Hi,

* Benoit Cousson<b-cous...@ti.com>  [110901 19:52]:
Create an OMAP3 generic board to start the DT migration.

I don't think this needs to be SoC specific, we can add multiple
DT_MACHINE_START entries into a single file. So it should be
just board-omap-dt.c.

I do agree, it should not, I made that comment into the board-omap4-dt.c, but for the moment we still have dedicated OMAP specifics stuff at board level, like the map_io.

I have an other series that make the map_io DT aware to get rid of that, but it still not finalized.

My goal was have a single DT_MACHINE_START for every OMAPs.
But, meanwhile, if you prefer one file with many board descriptors, that's fine.

+#include "mux.h"
+#include "common-board-devices.h"
+#include "sdram-micron-mt46h32m32lf-6.h"
+
+
+static void __init omap3_init_early(void)
+{
+       omap2_init_common_infrastructure();
+       omap2_init_common_devices(mt46h32m32lf6_sdrc_params,
+                                 mt46h32m32lf6_sdrc_params);
+}

This has changed, see the cleanup branch. Also, let's just leave
out the sdram timings for now as we can work with bootloader
timings until those come from DT too.

Yep, I know, but since that series is based on my previous series that is based on mainline rc-3, I missed these.

Now, that kernel.org is back, I'll pull you branches :-).

Which one do you recommend in that case, master or cleanup?

+static void __init omap3_init(void)
+{
+       struct device_node *node;
+
+       node = of_find_matching_node(NULL, omap_dt_intc_match);
+       if (node)
+               irq_domain_add_simple(node, 0);
+
+       omap3_mux_init(board_mux, OMAP_PACKAGE_CBB);
+       omap_serial_init();
+
+       of_platform_populate(NULL, omap_dt_match_table, NULL, NULL);
+}
+
+static const char *omap3_dt_match[] __initdata = {
+       "ti,omap3",
+       NULL
+};

Most likely we just need SoC specific init functions in this file
now until the mux data comes from DT also.

OK, I can get rid of mux stuff then.

+DT_MACHINE_START(OMAP3_DT, "TI OMAP3 (Flattened Device Tree)")
+       .reserve        = omap_reserve,
+       .map_io         = omap3_map_io,
+       .init_early     = omap3_init_early,
+       .init_irq       = omap3_init_irq,
+       .init_machine   = omap3_init,
+       .timer          =&omap3_timer,
+       .dt_compat      = omap3_dt_match,
+MACHINE_END

Here omap3_init_early is now generic in the cleanup branch.

Cool, I'll update the whole series, including the OMAP4 ones.

Benoit