On 9/2/2011 10:12 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
* Benoit Cousson<b-cous...@ti.com>  [110901 19:52]:
In order to avoid conflict with the new board-omap3-dt.c file,
remove the .dt_compat entry from the beagle regular board
file.

Any DT work for OMAP3 will have to be done on the generic DT
board file to avoid breaking the legacy board support until
DT migration is done.

In general we should not keep duplicate old non-DT data around
now that we have the DT append support. Instead we should just
require the .dts file appended to zImage for all mach-omap2
machines. Otherwise we'll end up with double bloat :)

Mmm, I'm not sure to get your point. We are not duplicating, since a pure DT generic board will not have anything except a of_platform_populate(NULL, omap_dt_match_table, NULL, NULL);
And the regular board files will keep initializing devices statically.
The drivers will then for the moment support both pdata and DT method to get board parameters.

So it's OK to have the DT entries in board files so drivers
that get converted will work with them.

Well, it will be a little bit more tricky, because having DT in current board files will be a mess with a bunch of #ifdef CONFIG_OF, and adding DT compatible inside each boards will prevent the pure generic DT one to work. In that case we will duplicate the DT migration in every legacy boards files...

That's why the current strategy is to keep the current board files non-DT aware and add the DT support only to the generic DT board file.

Regards,
Benoit