On Tue, 2012-01-10 at 09:37 +0200, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:

> I still think we should try to fix the bug at hand, not try to implement
> proper HPD support. Was there something wrong with the example patch I
> gave? (other than it needs some splitting up).

And one reason I'm saying we shouldn't try to implement HPD properly is
that with device tree the handling of the GPIOs will change, and if you
now make the driver handle the HPD in the generic hdmi layer, it may
well be that with dev tree it will change (I'm not sure yet how the
GPIOs will be managed there, but most likely they will be passed to the
IP driver).

So I think we should make the simplest possible implementation to handle
the PHY bug, inside the IP driver.

 Tomi