On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 5:16 PM, Paul Chiha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the DM37x EVM and need to trigger the vibra ports on the
TPS65950.
> It appears that I just need to define INPUT_TWL4030_VIBRA in the
config.
> After doing this, I see that the twl4030-vibra platform driver is
registered, but the
> twl4030_vibra_probe() function is never called.
> Is there something I need to do to the board or to board-omap3evm.c so
that the
> device is available and probing can happen?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Actually, after a bit of debugging, I've found the cause and solution.

The vibra device registration is skipped in twl4030_codec_probe()
because the vibra field of omap3evm_codec_data is missing from
board-omap3evm.c.

Adding the initialisation of this field to something appropriate fixes
the problem.

Paul