On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 10:46 -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkei...@ti.com> [120503 07:01]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I started cleaning up and restructuring omapdss for device tree, and here's
> > the
> > first set of patches from that ordeal. There's nothing DT specific in these
> > patches, but they are mostly generic cleanups that make sense even without
> > DT.
> >
> > This is the second version of these patches, the previous version can be
> > found
> > from: http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-fbdev/msg05667.html
> >
> > The first 21 patches, which were in the previous version, have only gotten
> > minor cleanups (and, of course, more testing). The last 4 patches are new.
> > The
> > most important of those patches is the DSI pin config patch, which makes it
> > possible for the panel driver to configure the DSI pins it needs.
> >
> > This series can also be found from:
> > git://gitorious.org/linux-omap-dss2/linux.git work/devtree-base
>
> Nice clean up. Can you please put the first 12 arch/arm/*omap*/* touching
> patches (and the drivers/video dependencies needed) into a separate branch
> and send me a pull request. That is assuming those patches are now immutable.
>
> Then I can pull it into cleanup-dss branch that we both can merge as
> needed.

Ok, I'll see how it goes. Do I have your ack for the board file changes?

Do you want to have patches that touch only
arch/arm/mach-omap2/display.c, but not the board files? That's a dss
specific file, and I don't expect anyone else to make changes to it, so
chances for conflicts should be quite minimal.

 Tomi