Jean,

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 02:22 PM, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
Hi Jean,

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 02:16 PM, Rajendra Nayak wrote:
On Wednesday 20 June 2012 02:01 PM, Jean Pihet wrote:
Hi Rajendra,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Rajendra Nayak<rna...@ti.com> wrote:
Hi Jean,

On Friday 01 June 2012 08:41 PM, Jean Pihet wrote:

For a power domain to idle all the clock domains in it must idle.
This patch implements an optimization of the cpuidle code by
denying and later allowing only the first registered clock domain
of a power domain, and so optimizes the latency of the low power code.

How much do we really save doing this? I understand what you are doing
by looking at the patch but the changelog seems very confusing.
The gain is on the registers accesses and the internal PRCM state
machine.
If needed the changelog can be updated.

Can you explain a bit more on which register accesses are you talking
about? and some more on the PRCM state machine.

never mind, I looked at the patch again and then the cpuidle code and
figured what you are doing. Makes sense to me now :-)

How do you like this updated changelog, I just added one more line.

"
For a power domain to idle all the clock domains in it must idle.
Denying just *one* clkdm in a pwrdm from idling should have the
same effect as denying *all*.
This patch implements an optimization of the cpuidle code by
denying and later allowing only the first registered clock domain
of a power domain, and so optimizes the latency of the low power code.
"

regards,
Rajendra