On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Kevin Hilman <khil...@ti.com> wrote:
> "Munegowda, Keshava" <keshava_mgo...@ti.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>>>
>>> What are you meaning to show by this log?
>>>
>>> This dump shows that neither PER or CORE are hitting retention in idle.
>>> Which sounds to me like you have not enabled UART runtime suspend:
>>>
>>> echo 3000 > /sys/devices/platform/omap_uart.0/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
>>> echo 3000 > /sys/devices/platform/omap_uart.1/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
>>> echo 3000 > /sys/devices/platform/omap_uart.2/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
>>> echo 3000 > /sys/devices/platform/omap_uart.3/power/autosuspend_delay_ms
>>>
>>> My test with your patch shows that it fixes the oops during boot, and
>>> doesn't hang during suspend, but that USB host is still preventing CORE
>>> retention during idle (after UART runtime suspend is enabled.)
>>>
>>> This happens on 3530/Overo, 3630/Beagle-xM and 3730/Overo
>>>
>>> Setting CONFIG_MFD_OMAP_USB_HOST=n allows CORE to hit retention again.
>>>
>>> Kevin
>>

>> Hi kevin
>>        It woks. only the log was wrong. I was using no_console_suspend
>> in boot args.
>> i removed it. now I can see the core retention hits with USB host in Beagle
>> XM.
>> below is the log:
>>

> You are not reading what I write.
>
> To repeat: your patch fixes the oops during boot, and the suspend hang
> and now I see CORE hit retention in *suspend*.

thanks !

> However,  CORE does still not hit retention during *idle*.

here is the problem.

usb host retention in idle is not supported till now.
in current code, usb host cuts clock only in driver suspend not in bus
suspend ( auto suspend).
usb host driver need to use the  io daisy chain framework through io wakeup.
I will post the patches once ehci remote wakeup features stabilized in
omap3, omap4 and omap5 too.

regards
keshava