On 26 June 2012 20:41, Tomi Valkeinen <tomi.valkei...@ti.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 20:39 +0530, Jassi Brar wrote:

>> > Yes, that's a different issue. I'll look at that also.
>> >
>> Well, my patch took care of that also. But I agree, that could be
>> added separately as well.
>
> Well, I don't agree that your patch is correct =). I don't think it's
> right to skip runtime get and put when pm_runtime_enabled() returns
> false.

While I think your patch is simpler and achieve the same, I also think
your fears about this patch are unfounded.

A quick snack for thought...

> But if pm_runtime_get_sync() returns an error, it means the HW has not
> been resumed successfully, and is not operational,

Not always. The HW could be in RPM_ACTIVE state while PM on it could
be disabled, if the returned error is -EACCESS.   And
pm_runtime_enabled() only catches a potential -EACCESS.

BTW, I just tested your patch and it worked for me as well. But as
suspected, it doesn't help the stack spew of CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME:=n

So I understand, I only need to resend the other three patches ?

Thanks.