In the case of the quoted string warnings, please go ahead and
concatenate those strings while you are there. That needs to be done
anyway.

Ok, will do. I was able to fix all but one hard to fix CHECK for this
patch..

---
CHECK: Alignment should match open parenthesis
#608: FILE: arch/arm/mach-omap2/dpll3xxx.c:455:
+ if (__clk_get_rate(dd->clk_bypass) == rate &&
(clk->dpll_data->modes & (1 << DPLL_LOW_POWER_BYPASS))) {

total: 0 errors, 0 warnings, 1 checks, 608 lines checked

0003-ARM-omap-clk-Remove-all-direct-dereferencing-of-stru.patch has
style problems, please review.

If any of these errors are false positives, please report
---

I could not find anything wrong with the alignment, but checkpatch
keeps complaining. It complains for the original code too.
Might be a checkpatch bug? Or do you really see anything wrong in
the alignment?

Does seem like a checkpatch issue to me, checkpatch -f on the file
after applying the patch does not throw me the 'CHECK' anymore.
Will ignore this for now and respin my v3 and report this to the
checkpatch folks.