I've got 3.5-rc5 with the following patches applied to get system suspend
working on OMAP3:
  - fix the DSS: OMAPDSS: Use PM notifiers for system suspend
  - fix the 32KHz clock: ARM: OMAP2+: hwmod code/clockdomain data: fix 32K sync
timer

This has been built with the omap2plus_defconfig.

However, If I disable the RTC (i.e. CONFIG_RTC_CLASS/CONFIG_RTC_DRV_TWL4030)
and rebuild then when suspending the device never wakes up.

That is, I can't get any wakeups to happen (either through the console, or GPIO
buttons) hence I'm assuming the kernel has crashed...

Any ideas?

As far as I know there is no dependency on the RTC in 3.4, and with the RTC
compiled in I never see a problem on 3.5-rc5.

Cheers,
Joe