On Friday 02 November 2012 04:19 PM, Tomi Valkeinen wrote:
On 2012-11-02 12:44, Archit Taneja wrote:

Hmm, that makes sense. Anyway, I don't think it's really bad if we refer
to dssdev->channel for now.

It is, because dssdev->channel doesn't exist with DT.

With DT we either need to figure out the channel in omapdss at runtime,
or add a property to the DT data telling the channel. And adding such a
property is not correct, as DT should be about describing the HW.

Ok.

I don't totally agree with your idea of figuring out the manager in panel the panel's probe. If it's done in the panel driver's probe itself, then by this point of time we have already set mgr->output->device links. If omapdss only does this stuff, then omapfb/omapdrm have just the job of connecting the overlays to the manager. Do you think that's okay?

Archit