On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 11:24:09 +0100 Michael Trimarchi
<mich...@amarulasolutions.com> wrote:

> Hi Neil
>
> On 01/09/2013 11:19 AM, NeilBrown wrote:
> > On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 12:00:05 +0200 Igor Grinberg <grinb...@compulab.co.il>
> > wrote:

> >> Hi Neil,

> >> Which PHY is this (vendor/model)?
> >
> > Hi Igor,
> >   it is the SMSC USB3322
> >
> > http://www.smsc.com/media/Downloads_Public/Data_Sheets/3320.pdf
> >

> > BTW I subsequently discovered that keeping USBHOST out off off_mode only
> > sometimes avoid the problem, not always.  So there are probably multiple
> > issues :-(
>
> Are you sure that you don't have glitch on power, reset pin during suspend?

No, I don't really have the equipment to measure such things.
But is it likely?  Would enabling off_mode make it more likely?
Can you suggest some way I could test the hypothesis?

The power pin is connected to a 3v3 regulator which certainly should stay on
the whole time and other things which depend on it keep working.

The reset line is connected to GPIO174 which is configured:

# cat /sys/kernel/debug/omap_mux/mcspi1_cs0
name: mcspi1_cs0.gpio_174 (0x480021ce/0x19e = 0x011c), b ac2, t NA
mode: OMAP_PIN_INPUT_PULLUP | OMAP_MUX_MODE4
signals: mcspi1_cs0 | sdmmc2_dat7 | NA | NA | gpio_174 | NA | NA | safe_mode

The "PIN_INPUT" seems a bit odd, so I changed it to OMAP_PIN_OUTPUT but that
didn't appear to make any difference.

Thanks,
NeilBrown