Hi Jon,

Looks like commit 6797b4fe0e554ce71f47038fd929c9ca929a9f3c ("ARM: OMAP2+:
Prevent potential crash if GPMC probe fails") causes hangs on boot.  I
suspect it may only occur when the root filesystem is on NFS over
GPMC-based Ethernet.

Here's the current state of affairs at v3.9-rc1 on the two boards that
show the problem:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.9-rc1/20130312100243/boot/2430sdp/2430sdp_log.txt
http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/test_v3.9-rc1/20130312100243/boot/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

and here are the bootlogs after reverting 6797b4f:

http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/trace_boot_hang_3.9-rc/20130316132833/boot/2430sdp/2430sdp_log.txt
http://www.pwsan.com/omap/testlogs/trace_boot_hang_3.9-rc/20130316132833/boot/37xxevm/37xxevm_log.txt

... where the boards at least boot to userspace.  I don't know what's up
with the NFS-related lock problems.  Those look like yet another bug that
is presumably not OMAP-specific :-(

Care to take a look at the commit 6797b4f bug?

- Paul