On 06/18/2013 10:54 AM, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Felipe,

>> This isn't exactly a child node, is it? There is
>> of_get_child_count() but this isn't a child, it is one property.
>
> is it because we haven't added DTS support for musb core ?
> Eventually we can/should add and convert this to
> of_get_child_count() then. For now, we can go ahead with your
> approach.

 mother {
         child1 {
         };
         child1 {
         };
 };

That would be a child imho.
For counting of phandles (for the number of assigned gpios for instance)
you would use
  of_count_phandle_with_args(node, "gpios", "#gpio-cell-size");

We don't have an equivalent for "#gpio-cell-size". In our case it would
be the sum of "#address-cells" and "#size-cells" minus 1 because we
don't have a phandle and abuse a function :)
Counting the number of "addresses" is special since bother its
members (address and size) can be either 32bit or 64bit in size.

> We have such a large amount of function pointers to sort out anyway
> :-(

If you want get the while() loop replaced by something else I have a
few suggestions:
- check for iomem(2). If it is there we have two instances. If not,
  just 1. This includes also the hope that we don't get a third port.

- loop over of_address_to_resource(). This is what of_device_alloc() is
  doing:
   if (of_can_translate_address(np))
         while (of_address_to_resource(np, num_reg, &temp_res) == 0)
                    num_reg++;
  So it is different.

Sebastian