On Sat, Dec 07, 2013 at 09:18:32AM +0100, Pali Rohár wrote:
> On Saturday 07 December 2013 01:00:27 Sebastian Reichel wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 02:27:25PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Sebastian Reichel <s...@debian.org> [131206 13:37]:
> > >
> > > OK thanks for letting me know. How about the following patch
> > > to fix it?
> >
> > That's basically what I did to fix the problem.
> >
> > I guess the proper fix would be a runtime check if the device
> > can be accessed (if that's possible). AFAIK it is possible to
> > use the AES module on the N900 if the bootloader is slightly
> > patched.
> >
> > Pali, can you elaborate more about this? I've seen, that you
> > added a section about this on [0].
> >
> > [0] http://elinux.org/N900#M-Shield
> >
> > -- Sebastian
> >

> Yes, if you want to use M-Shield on Nokia N900, you need to use
> new version of signed Nokia X-Loader which enable M-Shield usage
> outside secure world.
>
> Because this updated X-Loader is not official and I think nobody
> has it in n900, please disable using these M-Shield crypto
> modules on n900.

Is the updated X-Loader available somewhere?

> Without patched updated X-Loader kernel will crash.

That's what this thread is about :) It might be better to have a
runtime check for the crypto hw's accessability by adding something
like this to the driver's probe function:

if (!aes_module_is_accessible()) {
    dev_err(&pdev->dev, "Usage of OMAP's AES module is blocked\n");
    return -ENODEV;
}

That would require, that aes_module_is_accessible() can actually be
implemented.

P.S.: I fixed the mail address of Aaro Koskinen. His nokia mail
address doesn't work anymore.

-- Sebastian