We just purchased two T7630s and were remarking on how much quieter they are
than the PE R730xd units we've been buying recently.  We're still planning to
rack ours in a datacenter so this wasn't a factor in our purchase but it's
potentially a great way to put large amounts of data storage in an office
environment.

How'd you measure the dBA on your PE2900s?

--
Sam Mehl (http://help.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2017 2:27pm, Bond Masuda wrote:

> Hi Fellow Linux/PowerEdge users:
>
> I have a pair of old PE2900 that are starting to show their age and I'm
> considering replacing them. They run CentOS7 to serve as NAS function +
> KVM + few other things.
>
> I'm considering T630, but was wondering how loud the T630, especially
> compared against old PE2900? I had to swap all the fans in the PE2900
> and tweak the BMC firmware to get it to about 38 dBA and that is
> acceptable. Was wondering what other Linux users with T630 have experienced?
>
> Thanks for anything you care share,
>
> Bond

dispose of the e-mail.