On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 11:49 AM, Joe Gooch
<joseph.go...@sapphirek12.com> wrote:
> Hah
>
> 7.4.0.2 is the newest on the PE2950 support page, but it's a module for ESXi
> 5.5 - what version of ESXi are you using?  Are you seriously using 5.0?

      Yes... 5.0 in all of its mullet-laden glory... until I can get
openmanage in it so I can use idracadm to reset the openmanage
password through ssh, so I can then wipe and put newer esxi.

> I'm pretty sure I got 8.4.0 to work on a PE2950 on ESXi 6.0 or 6.5.  Just
> pull up the downloads for a R710 and get the newer VIB. (Or go through the
> OMSA page, or use the Depot)
>
> PE2950 will very likely not work on anything above ESXi 6.7 - if it even
> works on 6.7.

      That is ok. This is a test machine and I have no problems going
to 6.5 on it.

I also did try an older version of openmanage [yes I tend to write
down what I used],

OpenManage Server Administrator vSphere Installation Bundle (VIB) for ESXi 5.0
OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=N3R0H
https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00197341M/1/OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-6.5.0-542907.VIB-ESX50i_A02.zip

becase all I want is to run idracadm. And, it also did not work for
the same reason.