On 13-Jun-2002, Purwadi wrote:
> bytesread = read(fin, work_buf , 8192);
> saat saya print("%d",bytesread);
> yang tercetak adalah 1298.
> Saat saya baca teorynya seharusnya outputnya 8192.

Teori yg mana?

Kalo anda pake Linux, 'man 2 read' berkata demikian:

<quote>
RETURN VALUE
       On success, the number of bytes read is returned (zero
       indicates end of file), and the file  position  is  advanced
       by this  number.   It  is  not  an error if this number is
       smaller than the number of bytes requested; this may happen for
       example because fewer bytes are actually available right now
       (maybe because we were close to end-of-file, or because we are
       reading from a pipe, or from a terminal), or because read() was
       interrupted by a signal.  On error, -1 is returned, and errno
       is set appropriately. In this case it is left unspecified
       whether the file position (if any) changes.
</quote>

Ronny