I'm going to run some kind of cluster using shared
fiber channel disks with linux sw raid on top.

Is it possible to start a raid device on more than one
machine? Is there any write access for example to the
superblock structure when or after starting a raid
device that might crash with a second instance doing
the same?

I'm not talking about mounting file systems in parallel
(btw, how do I detect that a filesystem is already
mounted at a different node, does reiserfs indicate that
somehow?) but simply about starting the md.

Thanks!

nils-henner