Yes I am sure, but the new disk would be replacing the old disk.  Same bus
same slot same ID/LUN or whatever.  This may not be reasonable with all bus
types, but with SCSI/SCA it is.  Also, my wish list would need to be defined
when the system is setup, I would not expect all systems to work this way.
It would be fine to have a user interface that indicated a "new" disk was
found and prompt the user for permission to use it.

My wish list would have prerequisites!  Maybe EVMS, or some other "special"
layer that can notice a disk has been removed and notice when a different
disk has been installed.  Only 1 partition, or full disk.  You can't (should
not) pull a disk that has 2 or more partitions just because 1 may be bad!
Maybe more prerequisites that I can't determine.  But, assuming I meet the
theoretical prerequisites, I should be able to build a system that can be
maintained by "normal" sysadmins.  These admins may be called operators in
some environments.  But with today's tools you need a Linux expert to
replace a disk.  IMO.  And I don't think that is acceptable!

Don't get me wrong!!!  I love Linux, but I want improvements and features!

Guy