On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 09:08:17PM +1100, Neil Brown wrote:
On Wednesday March 15, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I'm planning to use bitmaps on some of our RAID1 arrays.

I'm wondering how bitmaps are handeled by older kernels.

Eg: I create a raid array with a bitmap under a 2.6.15 kernel.

I now want to boot under 2.6.12, or even 2.4

Hos is it handeled?
Will it work even if this is my / partition?

On older kernel will not notice the bitmap and will behave
'normally'.
strange,
last time i tried an older kernel would refuse to activate an md with a
bitmap on it.
I am far from home on a business trip and i don't have kernel-sources at
hand, but i seem to remember that the kernel was very strict on the
feature bitmap in the superblock.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]