On Tuesday May 30, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Tue, 30 May 2006, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> > Could you try this patch please?  On top of the rest.
> > And if it doesn't fail in a couple of days, tell me how regularly the
> > message
> >    kblockd_schedule_work failed
> > gets printed.
>
> i'm running this patch now ... and just after reboot, no freeze yet, i've
> already seen a handful of these:
>
> May 30 17:05:09 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:05:59 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:08:16 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:10:51 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:11:51 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:12:46 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed
> May 30 17:14:14 localhost kernel: kblockd_schedule_work failed

1 every minute or so.  That's probably more than I would have
expected, but strongly lends evidence to the theory that this is the
problem.

I certainly wouldn't expect a failure every time kblockd_schedule_work
failed (in the original code), but the fact that it does fail
sometimes means there is a possible race which can cause the failure
that experienced.

So I am optimistic that the patch will have fixed the problem.  Please
let me know when you reach an uptime of 3 days.

Thanks,
NeilBrown