On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 23:45 +0200, PFC wrote:
> > 6X MaxLine 300GB SATAII 7200RPM Hard drive.
>
>       Flip the jumper on the drive to set it to SATA1 (1.5 Gbps) instead of
> SATA2.
>       On my PC Maxtor drives kept failing until I did this, not a problem
> since.
>
>       Of course YMMV.
> -

Is this possible on all SATAII drives?

I have a similar issue with Western Digital drives and can't find this
information on their website.... actually check out the following link
and look at their graphic HOWTO:-

http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=131&language=en

It appears that the one jumper setting (for SSC - is this what I'm
looking for?) they discuss is described as being enabled and disabled
with or without the jumper.