I have a system which was running several raid1 devices (md0 - md2) using 2 physical drives (hde, and hdg). I wanted to swap out these drives for two different ones, so I did the following:

1) swap out hdg for a new drive
2) create degraded raid1's (md3 and md4) using partitions on new hdg
3) format md3 and md4 and copy data from md0-2 to md3-4
4) install grub on new hdg
5) pull hde

Now, after a bit of fixing in the grub menu and fstab, I have a system that boots up using just 1 of the new drives, but the md devices are md3 and md4. What's the easiest way to change the prefered minor # and get these to be md0 and md1? Will just booting from a rescue or live CD and assembling the new drives as md0 & md1 automatically update the prefered minor in their superblocks?

The system is running Centos 4 (2.6.9-34.0.1.EL kernel).