2006/7/1, Ákos Maróy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Neil Brown wrote:
> Try adding '--force' to the -A line.
> That tells mdadm to try really hard to assemble the array.

thanks, this seems to have solved the issue...

Akos

Well, Neil, I'm wondering,
It seemed to me that Akos' description of the problem was that
re-adding the drive (with mdadm not complaining about anything) would
trigger a resync that would not even start.
But as your '--force' does the trick, it implies that the resync was
not really triggered after all without it... Or did I miss a bit of
log Akos provided that did say so ?
Could there be a place here for an error message ?

More generally, could it be usefull to build up a recovery howto,
based on the experiences on this list (I guess 90% of the posts a
related to recoveries) ?
Not in terms of a standard disk loss, but in terms of a power failure
or a major disk problem. You know, re-creating the array, rolling the
dices, and *tada !* your data is back again... I could not find a bit
of doc about this.

Regards,