On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 09:14:38AM +1000, Neil Brown wrote:
However....

+
+       /* if we are using udev and auto is not set, mdadm will almost
+        * certainly fail, so we force it here.
+        */
+       if (autof == 0 && access("/dev/.udevdb",F_OK) == 0)
+               autof=2;
+

I'm worried that this test is not very robust.
On my Debian/unstable system running used, there is no
/dev/.udevdb
though there is a
/dev/.udev/db

I guess I could test for both, but then udev might change
again.... I'd really like a more robust check.

is /dev/.udev/db a debianism?
in this case a check for both might suffice, else i will have to think
harder about it.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]