Hi,

Another question on this matter please:
If there is a raid5 with 4 disks and 1 missing, and we add that disk,
while its doing the resync of that disk, how do we know which disk it
is (if we forgot what one we added)?

Thanks,
Shai

On 7/18/06, Neil Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday July 18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So if I were to want to stop the resync process on a very large array
> (1.4T), since it is in the middle of the day and makes work slower...
> How can I tell which drive is the one that is being used to check all
> the rest of the data? Or in other words, how can I stop the resync
> process and let it cont. later?

There is no "one that is being used to check all the rest".  They are
all in this together.

But if you want to stop the resync because it is slowing things down
then write a small number to /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min
e.g.

  echo 10 > /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_min

This won't actually stop it, but it will make it go very slowly so as
not to interfere with anything else.

NeilBrown