Richard Scobie wrote:

Bill Davidsen wrote:

It should work, but I don't like it... it leaves you with a lot of exposure between backups.

Unless your data change a lot, you might consider a good incremental dump program to DVD or similar.

Thanks. I have abandoned this option for various reasons, including people randomly unplugging the drives.

Rsync to another machine is the current plan.

At one time I was evaluating doing RAID1 to an NBD on another machine, using write-mostly to make it a one way process. I had to redeplot the hardware before I reached a conclusion, and it was with an older kernel, so I simply throw it out for discussion.

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc