Hello all,

On 9/15/06, Greg KH <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 02:24:45PM +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> On 9/13/06, Tejun Heo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Ric Wheeler wrote:
> So the question remains: How will hotplug and md work together?
> How does md and hotplug work together for current hotplug devices?

The answer to both of these questions is, "not very well."  Me and Kay
have been talking with Neil Brown about this and he agrees that it needs
to be fixed up.  That md device needs to have proper lifetime rules and
go away proper.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I will try to catch any kernel work on this so that I can pick it up
for testing.

For the moment, I'll try to make this work as best as possible using
udev rules and userspace (mdadm). I suppose I can act on both unplugs
and plugs, both before and after the event, is that true?

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.

--
Leon