Dexter Filmore wrote:

Am Samstag, 16. September 2006 19:26 schrieb Bill Davidsen:
Dexter Filmore wrote:
Is anyone here who runs a soft raid on Slackware?
Out of the box there are no raid scripts, the ones I made myself seem a
little rawish, barely more than mdadm --assemble/--stop.
I'm pretty much off Slack now, but I have run, the scripts you describe
are about 2/3 of what you need, see the thread(s) here about monitoring.
mdadm doesn't need a lot of direction...

What's the remaining third?
Monitoring... where I pointed you.

I fumbled it into rc.S and rc.6, reason why I ask is that array degraded about 6 times in the few months I run it and I can't figure why. Only thing I know is that it degrades somewhere in the reboot process, so I suspect it might not properly shutdown.

Since I haven't had problems I'll pass on trying to guess what's happening. When I have any problem usually a whole drive hits the floor, and I know what to fix and how. I assume you look at mdstat after boot? If it's clean before you shut down and dirty on boot, something isn't shutting down clean, OR that autodetect stuff isn't working as you want it to. I do NOT run lvm, I avoid stuff like that unless I really need it.

--
bill davidsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc