On Saturday October 21, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Sun, 21 May 2006, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> > Please read
> >
> > http://www.spinics.net/lists/raid/msg11838.html
> >
> > and ask if you have further questions.
>
> Neil,
>
> what is the current status on the slow read performance with 2.6 ?

You mean by-passing the cache to avoid extra copy and synchronisation
overheads?
I have the patches.  I tried them once and couldn't measure any
speedup (I didn't try very hard) and put them aside think "I have to
look into this properly" and haven't got back to it yet.

Thanks for the reminder.  Hope to do some performance measurements
soon.  I'll make sure I include these patches when I do.

NeilBrown