Chase Venters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The main idea is to not exercise the spare as much as the other disks. All

Btw. you can also keep the spare-disk spinned down most of the time.
You should probably just make sure to spin it up from time to time to
see if it's still okay - I spin up my spares one hour per night when
smartd issues short selftests and a few more hours when smartd issues
long selftests.

regards
   Mario
--
<jv> Oh well, config
<jv> one actually wonders what force in the universe is holding it