also sprach dean gaudet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2006.11.05.0359 +0100]:
> they're different in that with f2 you get essentially 4 disk raid0
> read performance because the copies of each byte are half a disk
> away... so it looks like a raid0 on the first half of the disks,
> and another raid0 on the second half.
>
> in n2 the two copies are at the same offset... so it looks more
> like a 2 disk raid0 for reading and writing.

I don't know what difference that would make on the parameters of
the XFS filesystem, as determined by mkfs.

Also, I doubt you can get 4 disk RAID0 disk performance with two
disks, no matter what layout you choose. There are still only two
disks, so you can only ever read two blocks at once.

Thanks for the info.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

spamtraps: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"was aus liebe getan wird,
 geschieht immer jenseits von gut und böse."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche