On 15 Jan 2007, Bill Davidsen told this:
> Nix wrote:
>>     Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
>>        0       8        6        0      active sync   /dev/sda6
>>        1       8       22        1      active sync   /dev/sdb6
>>        3      22        5        2      active sync   /dev/hdc5
>>
>>     Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
>>        0       8       23        0      active sync   /dev/sdb7
>>        1       8        7        1      active sync   /dev/sda7
>>        3       3        5        2      active sync   /dev/hda5
>>
>> 0, 1, and *3*. Where has number 2 gone? (And how does `Number' differ
>> from `RaidDevice'? Why have both?)
>>

> Did you ever move the data to these drives from another? I think this
> is what you see when you migrate by adding a drive as a spare, then
> mark an existing drive as failed, so the data is rebuilt on the new
> drive. Was there ever a device 2?

Nope. These arrays were created in one lump and never had a spare.

Plenty of pvmoves have happened on them, but that's *inside* the
arrays, of course...

--
`He accused the FSF of being "something of a hypocrit", which
 shows that he neither understands hypocrisy nor can spell.'