At 19:59 04.01.00 -0000, Ron McKelvey wrote:

>Out of 4 dirves, I have 2 good drives. I know the data on the 3rd drive is
>still good, I just need to force the raid to come back up with no regard to
>the  event timer and the superblock update time inconsistency.
>Can you help me force this thing to come up?

First, the good news: Yes, you can get this up and running again.

The bad news: Be careful, it's a bit tricky - if you don't do it right, you
can trash your data.

Have a look at http://ostenfeld.dk/~jakob/Software-RAID.HOWTO, specifically
at section 6.1 - recovering from (temporary) multiple disk failure, or at

http://linuxhq.jimpick.com/lnxlists/linux-raid/lr_9905_01/msg00030.html

for the best description so far on how to deal with this problem. A few
additions: the faild-disk patch mentioned in the instructions is now part
of the main raid patch, it was included on 13.7.99 for kernel 2.2.10 and
2.0.37.

Bye, Martin

Bye, Martin

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"
 Martin Bene               vox: +43-664-3251047
 simon media               fax: +43-316-813824-6
 Andreas-Hofer-Platz 9     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 8010 Graz, Austria
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key