Hi Maillist Members,

I've done a successfull upgrade for my raid5 TestDrive (9x 7MBytes) from mdtools 0.4x
to the aktuell RaidTools 0.90 with persistent-superblock. All auto startup works best.
Due to the Mail from Brian a 'few days' ago I was very carefull with that procedure,
only going step by step.
1st upgradin without SuperBlock, than with SuperBlock (all Data fine). At last
updating the Partition Type to 0xfd for RaidAutoStartup.

For the testing I had half the raid full of data. After mkraid --upgrade (and
persistent-superblock =1) all Data where readable.

Questions:
Can I assume that my productive raids will also upgraded without dataloss??
  (I know Backup is allways recommended..)
Where there Codechanges since there was the recomended not to set the
persistent-superblock to 1, because fo dataloss ??

Bye for now,
Barney

--
I will post a full report if I'm finaly done.