[ Tuesday, January 11, 2000 ] [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >I'd really love to see you do a s/w raid 1 over 2 6-disk raid0's from
> >the card and check that performance-wise...  I believe putting the raid1
> >and raid0 logic on sep. processors could help, and worst case it'll
> >give a nice test case for any read-balancing patches floating around
> >(although you've noted that you are more write-intensive)
>
>   Which would you like me to try all software or do part in software
> and part in hardware and if the latter which part?  The raid card
> seems pretty good (233MHz strongarm onboard) so I doubt that is limiting
> us.

dual PII-500 >> single 233 :)

s/w raid 1 over 2 6-disk h/w raid0's is what I meant to ask for

I trust the strongarm to handle raid0, but that's about it :)

what stripe/chunk sizes are you using in the raid?  My exp. has been
smaller is better down to 4k, although I'm not sure why :)

James
--
Miscellaneous Engineer --- IBM Netfinity Performance Development