Yohoo!

I tried to install a raid- device on my linux- system.

SuSE 6.3 with kernel 2.2.13 (kernel directly from ftp.fi.kernel.org)
raidtools 0.90.0

In the kernel setup I've included the RAID-4/ 5 support and compiled the
kernel (RAID- support not as module).

Now I've written a raidtab- file with the following lines:

raiddev /dev/md0
          raid-level      5
          nr-raid-disks   3
          nr-spare-disks  0
          persistent-superblock 1
          parity-algorithm        left-symmetric
          chunk-size      128
          device          /dev/sdb5
          raid-disk       0
          device          /dev/sdc5
          raid-disk       1
          device          /dev/sdd5
          raid-disk
2

An cat /proc/mdstat shows the following:
Personalities : [4 raid5]
read_ahead not set
md0 : inactive
md1 : inactive
md2 : inactive
md3 :
inactive

When I now want to start my device with "mkraid /dev/md0" the following
occurs:
handling MD device /dev/md0
analyzing super-block
disk 0: /dev/sdb5, 2096419kB, raid superblock at 2096320kB
disk 1: /dev/sdc5, 2096419kB, raid superblock at 2096320kB
disk 2: /dev/sdd5, 2096419kB, raid superblock at 2096320kB
mkraid: aborted, see the syslog and /proc/mdstat for potential
clues.

Not even the /proc/mdstat or the syslog (/ver/log/warn|messages) shows
any more information.

How can I get raid running?

BTW: I've tried to apply the kernel-patch for the 2.2.11 kernel, but
patch won't work. Is there any need for the kernel- patch and where can
I get it for the 2.2.13 kernel?