Gosh, you made abitof a mess

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 11:59:11AM -0700, Vivek Singh wrote:
> I installed Linux on the system. Now when the system boots up, I cannot see
> either of the 36 GB discs. The raidtools utility (ver 0.90) was installed
yes, they are already mirrored you see only 1 36G scsi disk

> when I first booted the system after installation. I have installed the
> patch, but with some errors (while installing, I was getting the messages
> that the patch has already been installed, and I forced it to use the -R
It WAS already applied, redhat applies patches to kernels they provide

>   Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD0 RAID0  8677R  Rev:   D
>   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02

this is your system disk (/dev/sda)

> Detected scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 1, id 0, lun 0
>   Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD1 RAID1 34731R  Rev:   D
>   Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 02
this is the other two in raid1 (/dev/sdb)

please, stick to the redhat kernel (uhm get a newer one from updates.redhat.com)
stick to hardware raid since you have itavailable and let software raid alone

regards
L.

--
Luca Berra -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]