Hi,
I'm a "newbie" cencerning software-RAID and would like to know somethings, if
possible.
After reading the howto and the Readme of the package....I tried to do the same
as described....mkraid conf_file(created by myself), but this didn't work, I
got this message:
comp:~/ # mkraid /etc/raidtab
mkraid version 0.36.4
parsing configuration file
raid level 0 not supported
detected error on line 2:
        raid-level      0
mkraid: aborted

So I tried do it without mkraid....
I did the following:
raid0 on two IDE harddrives /dev/hda5 and /dev/hdc1 both of the same size: 6,3
GB, with this commands:
mdcreate -c8k raid0 /dev/md0 /dev/hda5 /dev/hdc1
mdrun -ar
mke2fs /dev/md0
mount /dev/md0 /raid

so far, it worked well.....

But, now the question:
What do I do, if I want to reboot my system? All data will be lost!
How can I initialize and mount the raid0 device without making a new fs on it?
Or do you never reboot your systems?

I would be glad, if you could help me :)

Roman