Dear Raiders,

I installed a 2.2.16 kernel over my Suse 6.3 (2.2.13) and patched them with
raid-2.2.16-A0.txt.
Installation of the raidtools-19990824-0.90.tar.gz , which is by the way the
same as raidtools-dangerous-0.90-20000116.tar.gz (I checked, but maybe not
good enough), was a piece of cake. The raid 1 and rain5 is working.

After pulling out one disk (system off line), it came back on line with the
data intact... It started automatically the reconfiguration using the spare
disk.
The funny thing was, after reinserting the original disk it did not
reconfigure it automatially. I had to raidhotadd the disk. Then it started
reconfiguring it.
Now I have an old (5years) scsi2 disk array and each disk has 3 leds. Two of
them can be controled by the raid controller (on-line and disk-fail).
I would like to be able to stop my raid array and switch off the power of
this box (not the computer). If I switch the array off and on, the scsi
disks do not spindle up. So I have to reboot the machine (scsi card spindles
them up). This is a bit awkward.

I have a few questions:

Can the raid-software also control the above mentioned leds?
What is translucent mode?
Which drive is my hotspare if I issue `cat /proc/mdstat` ?
Is it possible to modify the raidstart/stop code so that it uses scsi
commands to start/stop the disks (in a running machine)?

Many thanks,

Nick