On Aug 2,  7:12pm, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
} Subject: raid-2.2.17-A0 cleanup for LVM

> This patch cleanups the new raid code so that we have a chance that LVM on
> top of RAID will keep working. It's untested at the moment.
>

>ftp://ftp.*.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/andrea/patches/v2.2/2.2.17pre13/raid-2.2.17-A0/raid-lvm-cleanup-1

What are people using for LVM code on 2.2.1[67]?

The only thing that I have found reliable was a port of the 8i stuff
that a gentleman created which he said he was submitting to Heinz for
approval.  I had to couple this with the 2/10/1999 toolset in order to
get a complete system.

I have been using this in a limited production environment but
considering the pathway to it I have been reluctant to really put the
system under stress.

The LVM code looks very promising and well-done and essential to those
of us in production environments.  There doesn't appear to be a clear
path to follow for those of us working with late 2.2.x kernels.

I tried merging the LVM patches that I am using with the 2.2.16 RAID
patchset but there is a massive collision in ll_rw_blk.c file that
doesn't appear to be straight forward in its resolution.

> Andrea

Greg

}-- End of excerpt from Andrea Arcangeli

As always,
Dr. G.W. Wettstein, Ph.D.   Enjellic Systems Development, LLC.
4206 N. 19th Ave.           Specializing in information infra-structure
Fargo, ND  58102            development.
PH: 701-281-4950            WWW: http://www.enjellic.com
FAX: 701-281-3949           EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of car
payments."
                                -- Earl Wilson