On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Adam McKenna wrote:

> 2)  If I do, will it still broken unless I apply the "2.2.16combo" patch?
> 3)  If it will, then how do I resolve the problem with the md.c hunk failing
>     with "2.2.16combo"?

If I remember correctly, 2.2.16combo was there to make it possible to use
Ingo's older raid patches on 2.2.16 (before raid-2.2.16-A0 was released).
I'm not 100% sure, though.

> This is a production system I am working on here.  I can't afford to have it
> down for an hour or two to test a new kernel.  I'd rather not be working with
> this mess to begin with, but unfortunately this box was purchased before I
> started this job, and whoever ordered it decided that software raid was
> "Good enough".

A test machine comes in handy. Not to actually test the new RAID code (we
did/do that already ;) ), but just to train handling of SW raid.